We are looking for a talented Senior Automation Engineer to join our KernelCare team. KernelCare, CloudLinux’s fastest-growing product, provides automated kernel security updates without reboots for the most popular Linux distributions. It ensures optimal performance and uptime by allowing hosting providers and enterprises to keep kernels up-to-date with all security patches while keeping servers online.
We are Cloud Linux Inc., the maker of the #1 OS for web hosting providers. We develop our products - CloudLinux OS, KernelCare, and Imunify360 - using the most innovative technologies. Our products are used by thousands of companies around the world.
Work is fully remote, with flexible hours, where you can plan your day and work from anywhere in the world.
More details about the project you can find on product website KernelCare.com, about the company on Cloudlinux.com.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for kernel failures caused by errors in our patch sets.
- Define and implement integration strategy for complex end-to-end test systems
- Define and develop test automation (functional and non-functional) and CI/CD strategies across solution industries
- Define, develop and own the best in class enterprise solution testing toolset and practices
- Focus on automating solutions that will serve complex RND needs
- Plan test activities to ensure the highest quality of the product delivered to customers
- Prepare all needed documentation sets clarifying all the aspects of test environment and approaches
- Continue to expand test automation within KernelCare continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments
- Collaborate with kernel engineers,support engineers, python engineers
- Communicate with stakeholders and other key business and engineering teams.
- Continuously evaluate new tools, processes and best practices to maintain KernelCare leading position in the solution testing space
Basic Qualifications that we are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience / knowledge in testing enterprise solutions
- Extensive experience in architecting automation framework/solution for complex enterprise applications
- Extensive experience in integrating and deploying complex testing environments.
- Scripting in Python/Shell
- A real problem-solver who can work with software engineers, architects and product management to understand the test automation expectations at the solution level.
- A driver with initiative who leads through trust and respect and does what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to convert abstract solution business flows given by product management / customers into actionable test automation suite.
- Proven expertise in defining test automation strategy and test plans for complex software systems
- Very good understanding of DevOps principles and their relation to automation engineering.
- Proven ability to communicate well with peers and all levels of management
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse teams
- Experience and the passion for Linux
- Happy in an agile, fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- A great opportunity for professional development within the young and fast-growing company.
- Interesting and challenging projects.
- Remote work with long-term employment on a full-time basis under contract.
- High-level compensation based on the performance reviews.
- Compensation in the US dollars.
- Flexible working hours.
- Paid one month vacation per year and sick leaves.
- Medical insurance (according to the company policy).
- Days off on national holidays.
- English educational programs (Lingua-Leo online course & Speaking Club).
- Individual coach sessions.
- Ability to study and attend seminars and training according to the request.
- Co-working and gym/sports compensations (according to the company policy).
- The opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent.
What are you waiting for?
Talk to us and make this a win-win for you and us. We are CloudLinux, and we need you to make the next move. Apply now!